Why is this a great position?
ReadTheory has a truly unique story. We grew from 0 to one million active monthly users, with absolutely no marketing – one teacher telling another, telling another! As we mature, we’re looking for someone to lead us in reaching and engaging even more educators.
Whom are we looking for?
Are you a believer in the power of the Oxford Comma? Do you understand what resonates with educators? In this role, you’ll be the brains behind our brand’s content marketing and social media presence. You’ll create and execute a strategy that will keep our community engaged and coming back for more. You have a passion for puns and word play, and know how to juggle multiple projects at once. You aren’t afraid to try new things and push the boundaries of opportunity.
- Lead the creation of the content marketing strategy
- Manage the content calendar across multiple channels
- Create a range of content in formats like blog posts, landing pages, social media, video
- Lead the creation of the company’s brand guidelines, voice, and personality
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing efforts and make data-driven adjustments
- Former educator or experience in the education or ed-tech field
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience growing social media accounts
- Proficient in Canva and WordPress or eager to learn
- Experience growing organic search traffic via SEO (advantage)
- Available part-time, 25 hours a week, remote